Just in time for Taco Tuesday, this EASY Mango Salsa uses all fresh ingredients and pairs perfectly with grilled fish tacos or as a sweet and spicy dip all on its own.
You may remember I confessed a while back about my obsession with chips and salsa. You can ask my family who empties the chip basket first when we’re dining out at a Mexican restaurant. It almost rivals the problem I have with sharing my popcorn at the movie theater…almost! This obsession is probably why I enjoy making salsa at home so much, especially this EASY Mango Salsa!
When tomatoes are in season, I average making salsa at least once a week. My favorite Grainger County tomatoes won’t be available until later this summer, but I’ve found that the Campari tomatoes work really well in today’s recipe. My method for making salsa is to dice everything by hand—no blenders—to make sure it all stays chunky and doesn’t become too soupy or frothy, which can happen in the blender or with a chopper.
Prepping the ingredients for this recipe really doesn’t take that long because the tomatoes do not need to be peeled, just give them a quick chop. I’ve found that the easiest way to prep the mango is to cut a very small slice off of the bottom so that it will set level on the cutting board. I use a vegetable peeler to peel off the skin and then set the mango on the board and slice the fruit away from the pit. I’ve tried fancy mango tools, but this just seems to work best for me. You can also buy fresh mango pre-cut, but it’s more expensive that way.
It takes just 15 minutes to prep and serve up this delicious EASY Mango Salsa, so what are you waiting for?!
Seriously, I wasn’t joking when I said I have a chips and salsa obsession. Here are a few of my other favorite salsa recipes:
- 16 oz. fresh tomatoes,, diced (Campari tomatoes or Roma tomatoes)
- 1 mango,, peeled and diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper,, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1-2 scallions,, sliced (optional)
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, (optional)
- Dice the red onion and place in a small bowl of cold water while you prepare the other ingredients. This will keep the onion from being too strong and overpower the flavors of the salsa.
- Dice the tomatoes—do not peel—and place in a medium bowl with the diced mango; stir gently. Drain the red onion and add to the mixture with the remaining ingredients, adjusting the amount of fresh lime juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in fresh cilantro and serve with tortilla chips or with grilled fish or tacos.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 41 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 71mg Carbohydrates: 10g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 8g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 1g