Perfectly grilled salmon with a slightly sweet and smoky flavor.
Grilling is a year-round thing at our house, so when I found this recipe for Best Grilled Salmon on the Honey Bear Lane blog, I wanted to see if that claim was indeed true. This recipe is not only delicious, but it is extremely easy to prepare.
Combine the marinade ingredients in a single gallon-size ziplock bag (no need to dirty up a bowl) and refrigerate for at least an hour. After soaking up all that flavorful marinade, the salmon fillets are grilled in little aluminum foil “boats”. I used heavy duty non-stick aluminum foil and just folded up the sides a couple of times to make a lip. Remember folding your homework to make a paper airplane?!
Making these aluminum foil boats won’t get you into trouble and make you stay after class..haha! The best part is that after grilling, you just toss the foil — there is literally no clean-up required for this recipe!
The salmon is perfectly cooked after just 18-20 minutes on the grill — very flaky and moist with a slightly sweet and smoky flavor. You’ll want to avoid overcooking or the salmon or it will become too dry. The marinade creates a nice glaze during cooking so that the salmon filets have a very slightly crisp outside and light flakiness inside.
I served our grilled salmon with a fresh Caesar salad and my husband who normally doesn’t like salmon, loved it! Who knew that after 30+ years of marriage I could finally convince him to actually try salmon?
I guess this really is the BEST Grilled Salmon recipe! Enjoy!
20 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 2 - 4 salmon fillets
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup lite soy sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1-2 cloves minced garlic
- Place all marinade ingredients into a gallon size zip lock bag and seal. Squeeze gently to combine ingredients, then add salmon fillets. Seal and refrigerate for 1 to 3 hours to allow flavors to penetrate the fish.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat. For each salmon fillet, take a piece of heavy duty aluminum foil and fold into a "dish" with sides. Place a salmon fillet into each dish skin side down. Add a little of the marinade on top and place the entire dish on the grill.
- Grill for 18-20 minutes with the lid closed. Flip the salmon onto the grill to sear the top, about 1-2 minutes. Carefully scrape off the skin (it should lift right off) and serve.
Original recipe by Honey Bear Lane