The countdown is on! Christmas is just three weeks away! This morning I might have had a mini panic attack when I realized that there are only three shopping weekends left and that one of my weekends is already booked, so in reality I only have two shopping weekends and so much left to do! Breathe in. Breathe out. Sigh. My objective is to enjoy the season with all it’s wonderful experiences — decorating, parties, Christmas concerts, baking, even the shopping — without stressing out! If you happen to ever feel this way, let me suggest at least one party potluck dish that’s quick and easy to prepare, Broccoli Salad.
Chock full of crispy bacon and pecans, this salad can be ready to go in less than 30 minutes. And, if you’re really short on time, you can cheat and use a package of real bacon bits instead of frying your own. Simply toss all the ingredients together and chill until party time. Enjoy!
He will be a JOY and DELIGHT to you, and many will REJOICE because of His birth. –Luke 1:14
- 8 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
- 4 cups broccoli
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or golden raisins
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 3/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Combine bacon, broccoli florets (cut or broken in small pieces), onion, dried cranberries, and pecans in a large bowl.
- Whisk together mayo, sugar, and vinegar until smooth. Pour over broccoli mixture and toss until coated. Chill at least 1-2 hours before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 255 Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 15mg Sodium: 415mg Carbohydrates: 34g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 23g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 7g