I don’t know if you’ve noticed it by now or not, but I really like Greek flavors and have posted several recipes with Kalamata olives and Feta cheese on my blog in the past few months. In fact, this past week while on vacation, I enjoyed a Greek salad by the pool at our resort on more than one occasion…so very good! So you see, when the recipe for Cheesy Greek Swirls came in the mail with my Kroger coupons, I knew I had to try them! These tasty appetizers start with a frozen puff pastry and are layered with cheeses, olives, spinach, and peppers.
Just before our vacation, we had friends over for a Greek-inspired meal that included Cheesy Greek Swirls and Greek Chicken Kabobs — both were a big hit!
Tips: Although this is an easy recipe to assemble, it is a little messy — at least for me it was a messy process. Be sure to roll up the dough tightly and carefully slice with a perforated knife, holding the slice gently to help it keep its shape as you place it on the baking sheet. Enjoy!
Cheesy Greek Swirls
- 1 pkg. 17 oz. frozen puff pastry
- 8 oz. softened cream cheese
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup sliced kalamata olives
- 1 cup chopped marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup jarred red peppers
- 2 cups 8 oz. shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Thaw puff pastry according to package directions. Arrange one sheet of pastry on a hard surface and spread with half the cream cheese. Layer with half each of the feta cheese, olives, artichokes, spinach, red peppers, and swiss cheese. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon each of salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Roll tightly into a log.
- Cut the log into 1/2 inch thick slices and place 1 inch apart on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Repeat process with the remaining dough and ingredients.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Refrigerate any leftovers.