Here’s a REALLY quick side dish that’s a perfect substitute for a traditional dinner salad, Cucumber-Tomato Salad. Simply toss fresh veggies with a splash of olive oil and red wine vinegar, then add feta cheese and fresh basil — fresh and delicious!
We enjoyed this salad alongside grilled chicken and fresh corn on the cob for dinner tonight, and my hubby, who is not a fan of tomatoes, actually helped himself to seconds. Let the veggies to marinate a few minutes before serving, then be sure to soak up all that goodness in the bottom of the bowl with a piece of crusty bread. Enjoy!
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 1 Cucumber, halved, seeded, and sliced
- 4-5 Campari tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/4 red onion, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, minced
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
- Combine veggies in a salad bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour olive oil and red wine vinegar over top and toss gently. Add feta cheese and basil and toss again. Allow salad to sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes, then serve with crusty bread.