Here’s a REALLY quick side dish that’s a perfect substitute for a traditional dinner salad, Cucumber-Tomato Salad. Simply toss fresh veggies with a splash of olive oil and red wine vinegar, then add feta cheese and fresh basil — fresh and delicious!
We enjoyed this salad alongside grilled chicken and fresh corn on the cob for dinner tonight, and my hubby, who is not a fan of tomatoes, actually helped himself to seconds. Let the veggies to marinate a few minutes before serving, then be sure to soak up all that goodness in the bottom of the bowl with a piece of crusty bread. Enjoy!
- 1 Cucumber halved, seeded, and sliced
- 4-5 Campari tomatoes cut into wedges
- 1/4 red onion sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil minced
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
Combine veggies in a salad bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Pour olive oil and red wine vinegar over top and toss gently. Add feta cheese and basil and toss again. Allow salad to sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes, then serve with crusty bread.