- I love French fries.
- I sometimes feel guilty when I eat French fries.
- I am now in love with GRILLED fries – which aren’t actually fried – so no more guilt!
Hand-Cut Grilled Fries with Spicy Ketchup may just replace my French fry addiction. Grab a spud, scrub, slice thickly, and toss with just enough olive oil to barely coat. Season and grill. So simple! And so yummy!
Tip: If you have time, slice the potatoes and then soak for a few minutes in cold water to remove the starch. Rinse and pat dry, then proceed with the rest of the recipe instructions.
10 minPrep Time
12 minCook Time
22 minTotal Time
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon chile sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 russet potatoes, about 8 ounces each
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl mix together the ketchup, chile sauce, and balsamic vinegar. Set aside.
- Scrub the potatoes under cold running water and dry thoroughly (do not peel). Cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick slices, then cut the slices into 1/4-inch-thick wedges. Place the wedges in a medium bowl. Toss with the olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Place the wedges on the grill, being careful not to let them drop through the openings. Cook over direct medium heat (350° to 450°F), with the lid closed as much as possible, until golden brown, about 10 minutes, turning once. For extra-crispy fries, open the grill and cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes, turning once.
- Serve warm with the ketchup.
From Weber's on the Grill App for iPhone, iPad, and Android.