This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post, but as always my opinions are 100% my own. Woodshed Potatoes – ruby red potatoes fried with sweet peppers and onions – are tender on the inside and nicely crisp on the outside making them a quick and easy side dish that’s a perfect accompaniment to grilled burgers or chicken. With these tasty spuds, who needs French fries? And, using Tasteful Selections Ruby Sensation microwave potatoes cuts the total cooking time to just 15 minutes!
Tasteful Selections Ruby Sensation Potatoes have a light, fresh flavor that complements this potato’s creamy flesh and tender skin. (Tasteful Selections are sold at Fresh Market, Food City, and Walmart Supercenter locally. Check their website for other retailers in your area.) Tasteful Selections potatoes are pre-washed and can be steamed right in the bag (in your microwave) in just six minutes. I love the ease of cooking these potatoes — no washing, no peeling, and fast cooking! For my Woodshed Potatoes, I steamed the potatoes first then added them to a cast iron skillet of sautéed peppers, onions, and garlic to brown them up and combine the flavors. And there you have it…another easy veggie side dish to add to your workweek menu for quick dinner options!
If you haven’t already, please check out my other quick and easy “Rescued Moments” potato recipes:
Tasteful Selections can help you rescue moments to spend with your family with more time-saving recipes and useful cooking tips. Enjoy, friends!
- 1 16-oz. pkg. Tasteful Selections Ruby Sensation microwave potatoes
- 1 cup sweet peppers sliced into rings
- 1/2 cup sweet onion chopped
- 1 glove garlic minced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Prepare potatoes according to package directions (microwave for 6 minutes, then cool one minute).
- While potatoes are cooking, melt butter in a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add peppers and onions and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
- When cool enough to handle, slice potatoes into 4 pieces each. Add to the skillet and gently stir until coated. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sauté over medium heat until lightly browned on cut sides, 5-8 minutes.