Grilled Salmon Salad with balsamic vinaigrette is a delicious summertime entrée salad as well as my copycat version of a similar salmon salad that was once the Bravo restaurant menu. Toss mixed field greens, cherry or grape tomatoes, Feta cheese, and crispy shoestring potato sticks with grilled salmon and asparagus and drizzle with my EASY homemade balsamic dressing.
This fresh salmon salad can be made using any grilled salmon filet, but I particularly like using this Best Grilled Salmon recipe for today’s salad. The sweetness of the salmon marinade and the saltiness of the potato sticks blend together for a nice flavor contrast.
Easy Gourmet Grilled Salmon Salad at Home
I’ve told you before that since my husband finally realized that he likes salmon, we grill it ALL year long. Often, we’ll pair the salmon with a baked sweet potato, but during the Summer months I enjoy using salmon in a fresh salad.
One of the best things about today’s Grilled Salmon Salad is that you can pair a few convenience items with grilled asparagus and salmon and enjoy a gourmet meal even on busy weeknights. For example, you can make my 5-minute homemade balsamic vinaigrette (see the recipe below) or use a quality bottled balsamic dressing. Also, you may wash and chop fresh salad greens or use a pre-washed bag of your favorite mixed field greens — no one has to know!
Ingredients needed for my Bravo Copycat Grilled Salmon Salad
- Salmon filets
- Salad or mixed field greens
- Cherry or grape tomatoes
- Feta cheese
- Shoestring Potato Sticks
- Balsamic vinaigrette (follow recipe or purchase your favorite bottled brand)
How to make easy, less than 5-minute Balsamic Vinaigrette
I almost always make my own Balsamic Vinaigrette simply because I keep am ample supply of quality aged balsamic vinegar on hand — I love cooking with balsamic! A good balsamic vinegar mixed with olive oil is almost good enough to eat alone, but adding a little minced garlic will enhance the flavors even more. If you are using a balsamic vinegar that is not aged, it may be a bit more prickly or sour and you will want to add a little brown sugar to the vinaigrette as well.
To make a simple balsamic vinaigrette, add the vinegar, freshly minced garlic, and brown sugar (if using) to a small bowl and combine. Begin pouring the olive oil into the bowl in a slow, steady stream and whisk briskly until the dressing is emulsified (the oil and vinegar no longer separate).
More grilled salad recipes!
Who says grilling is just for MEAT? These delicious salads that get their start on the grill!
- Grilled Steak Salad with French Vinaigrette
- Grilled Panzanella Skewer Salad
- Grilled Asparagus Panzanella Salad
- Citrus Grilled Shrimp Salad
- Grilled Caesar Salad
- More salad recipes!
To make this recipe you may need…
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliate sites.
What’s new? Check out my Life, Love, and Good Food Store on Amazon! Thanks so much for being a part of our community!
If you do a lot of outdoor grilling during the summer, a stainless steel grill basket with a long handle is a good investment. We use ours ALL the time to grill vegetables. No more losing pieces through the grates and a shake of the handle tosses the veggies up for even cooking.
Grilled Salmon Salad Recipe
Other than marinating the salmon for an hour, there’s really very little prep time required to prepare this delicious salad. If you want to skip the hour needed for the marinating, this citrus dry rub for salmon is a tasty alternative for grilling the fish. Either way, a fresh salmon salad is the perfect way to enjoy a gourmet meal even on busy weeknights.
TIP: In case you have trouble locating the shoestring potatoes, or potato straws, I found them in the grocery aisle with snack foods like Pringles and Bugles. I had remembered them being packaged in cans similar to the French’s Fried Onions, but these were packaged like chips in a small bag, so I overlooked them initially.
If you like this recipe, please do me a favor and give it a 5-star rating!
This recipe was originally posted on July 7, 2016 and was updated on June 24, 2019.
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar, optional
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 salmon filets, grilled
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 cups mixed salad field greens
- 8 cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 oz. Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup shoestring potato sticks
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients for the vinaigrette except for the olive oil. (Note: if you are using an aged balsamic, you may not need to add the brown sugar as it may already taste quite sweet.) While whisking briskly, add the olive oil in a steady stream and combine well until the dressing is emulsified.
- Marinate and grill salmon filets - see the link in the notes section to my BEST GRILLED SALMON recipe.
- Wash and trim asparagus. Toss with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over medium high heat for 3-4 minutes or until crisp tender, turning frequently. (Using a grill basket works well!)
- Add salad greens to a large bowl. Top with tomatoes, grilled asparagus, and Feta cheese. Add grilled salmon and top with potato sticks.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette and serve.
Get the Best Grilled Salmon recipe
Acacia Salad Servers
Sweese Porcelain Bowls for Cereal, Salad and Desserts
OXO Good Grips Salad Spinner
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.