This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Give this year’s leftover Thanksgiving turkey sandwiches (turkey stacks) a makeover with this quick and flavorful feta cheese spread.
Turkey Stack with Feta Spread
Once the Thanksgiving feast is over, you may be looking for creative ways to use up the leftover bird. Instead of plain ‘ole turkey sandwiches, try turkey stacks with feta spread!
I know, I know. It’s still a turkey sandwich, but this cheesy spread gives the regular turkey sandwich a makeover, so why not give it a new name, too?
Feta cheese whips up into a smooth, creamy spread when blended with olive oil in the food processor. Add a little fresh rosemary and a dash of sea salt and then use this to replace mayo or mustard on those leftover turkey sandwiches.
Our kids will be home for Thanksgiving and this year John will be in charge of preparing the bird. He got an early Christmas gift – an electric smoker – and did a trial run last weekend.
The result was a delicious smoked turkey breast – the kids are really going to be impressed! The smoked turkey and feta spread are a great match for each other.
- To make the turkey stacks, spread a little butter or olive oil on one side of sourdough bread slices for grilling.
- On the non-buttered side of one piece, stack on slices of mozzarella cheese, turkey (pile on as much as you like), and thinly sliced tomatoes.
- Spread the feta on the other piece of bread to finish the stack and then grill until golden brown on both sides.
This is no ordinary sandwich, so it deserves to be called a stack!
There are many other ways to enjoy feta spread. Try adding other spices instead, like fresh mint, and diced banana pepper rings to make a tangy dip for pita bread triangles or vegetable sticks.
Happy Thanksgiving week, friends!
Your shares are how this site grows and I appreciate each one. Do you know someone who would enjoy this recipe? I’d love it if you would share it on Facebook or on your favorite Pinterest board!
Turkey Stack with Feta Spread
- 4 oz. feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove , thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary , fresh or dried
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Sourdough bread , 2 slices per stack/sandwich
- Sliced smoked turkey breast
- Mozzarella cheese slices
- Tomato , sliced
- Feta spread
- Lettuce leaves , if desired
- Butter or olive oil , for grilling/toasting
- Place feta cheese, 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, rosemary, and sea salt in a food processor and process until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl and drizzle with a small amount of olive oil (optional).
- Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle to medium heat.
- For each stack, spread a small amount of butter or olive oil on one side bread slices. For each stack, place one piee of bread buttered side down onto griddle or skillet. Top with mozzarella, turkey, and 2-3 tomato slices. Spread about two tablespoons of feta spread on the non-buttered side of another slice of bread and place feta side down onto the stack.
- Grill until golden brown, then flip carefully and cook on other side. Remove to a plate and lift up one bread slice and add lettuce to grilled stack (if desired).
Life Love and Good Food does not claim to be a registered dietician or nutritionist. Nutritional information shared on this site is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.