This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Grilled Asparagus Panzanella Salad with a tangy red wine vinaigrette, toasty grilled bread, fresh cherry tomatoes, red onion, and Kalamata olives can be completely assembled grill-side making for a fun outdoor dining experience.
With the absolutely perfect combination of Greek flavors, this easy salad starts with day-old country-style bread and the star ingredient, grilled asparagus!
You can use the zesty vinaigrette, with only three basic ingredients not counting salt and pepper, to marinade and grill other Summer veggies like peppers, onions, or zucchini squash as well. Serve alongside grilled chicken or fish for a complete and healthy meal.
Grilled Panzanella Salad
My friend Lori introduced me to Panzanella salads a couple of years ago and I instantly fell in love with the idea of a “bread” salad! There’s no guilt in eating bread if it’s in a salad, right? At least that’s what I’m telling myself when it comes to this super easy and super delicious version of a Panzanella salad.
While the asparagus is grilling, toss the bread on the grill and toast it on both sides for a minute or so. Cut both the bread and asparagus into one-inch pieces and toss with the rest of the veggies and vinaigrette — quick, simple, and delicious!
How to Grill Perfect Asparagus
If you haven’t tried grilling asparagus, you definitely should! It only takes about 7-8 minutes and if you use a grill pan, there’s no worry about losing the spears between the grates.
- Heat grill to medium-high.
- Toss the spears in a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place asparagus over the heat and grill for about 3-4 minutes per side, or just until crisp tender. Like I said, easy AND delicious!
More grilled salad recipes!
Who says grilling is just for MEAT? These delicious salads that get their start on the grill!
- Grilled Steak Salad with French Vinaigrette
- Grilled Panzanella Skewer Salad
- Bravo Copycat Grilled Salmon Salad
- Citrus Grilled Shrimp Salad
- More salad recipes!
Grilled Asparagus Panzanella Salad Recipe
This salad tastes best after it sits at room temperature for about 30 minutes, which allows the flavors to meld and the bread to soak up a bit of the vinaigrette. Be sure to toast the bread until golden brown on both sides, though, to avoid it becoming soggy immediately.
If you like this recipe, please do me a favor and give it a 5-star rating!
Grilled Asparagus Panzanella Salad
- 1 lb. asparagus
- 6 slices day-old country-style bread 1-inch thick
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 8 red cherry tomatoes quartered
- 8 yellow cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives pitted
- 6 fresh basil leaves cut into thin ribbons
- Preheat grill to high.
- Toss asparagus in olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill asparagus perpendicular to the grates for about 5 minutes, or until crisp tender, turning frequently.
- Grill bread slices about one minute on each side, or until toasted. (May brush with olive oil if sticking to the grates.)
- Combine red wine vinegar, olive oil, minced garlic, and salt and pepper and whisk until emulsified.
- Slice asparagus into one-inch pieces and cube bread into one-inch pieces. Place asparagus and bread in a large salad bowl with the tomatoes, onion, and olives. Add the vinaigrette and toss gently.
- Allow to set for about 30 minutes at room temperature before serving.
Life Love and Good Food does not claim to be a registered dietician or nutritionist. Nutritional information shared on this site is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.