Asian Chicken Salad
Lots of color and crunch combine to create a beautiful and delicious, not to mention healthy, version of Asian Chicken Salad that you can make at home.
Servings 4 servings
- 3 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup Spicy Orange Asian Inspired Simmer Sauce (Private Selections-Kroger)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper. to taste
- 1/2 small red cabbage. shredded
- 1/2 savoy cabbage. shredded
- 1/2 bunch romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 small can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 small can chow mein noodles
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
Preheat grill to medium high heat. Brush olive oil on all sides of chicken and season with salt and pepper.
Grill over medium high heat, turning frequently, until juices run clear.
Baste chicken with the Asian sauce and grill another 3-4 minutes, until the chicken has a little char. Remove from grill and let it rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing into salad bite size pieces.